Wednesday, October 9, 2013

1 Year Anniversary

While it feels strange to be writing a {belated} entry about our one year anniversary at post while not actually at post, it seems fitting in a way. I found myself back in DC exactly one year after our departure, ironically in practically the same state of mind as when I left, which is to say, mad chaos. I spent a week wildly running around shopping for the last portion of our consumables shipment which, although I wasn't filling it with the "bare necessities" per se, I was filling it with things that make our life in Moldova just a bit more pleasant.

Moldova has been really good to us, in so many ways. It's a lovely post. Of course you have to make adjustments and learn to cope with the lack of variety in culinary options, adverse driving conditions, endless amounts of pickled food items, among other limitations, but all in all, it is a post I will be sad to leave. And man, will I miss their tomatoes: those things were the tastiest things I have ever eaten in my life. In all seriousness though, we've made some of the best friends either of us had made since college, and the connections we have made with Moldovans have far exceeded any of my hopes or expectations. We have been able to clearly see how the Lord has provided for us, even in this far off land most people have never heard of. We feel truly blessed.

There is a vineyard about an hour away from Chisinau where I took a picture the first week we were in Moldova. Since then, I have gone on a few road trips that lead past the very same spot and I tried to make a point to take a few shots of it in the different seasons of the year. Unfortunately, the Spring, Summer and Fall pictures kind of all look the same, but the winter one at least shows some contrast.
I am looking forward to another great year...until our next adventure begins {Sao Paulo, Brazil, by way of D.C. for 8 months!}



Spring
Summer
Fall
Winter


 

No comments:

Post a Comment