Monday, January 30, 2012

Mint, Lime and a little bit of Grilled Pineapple

Not too much to report on the FS front...except that we finished filling out our bid list tonight and already sent it in. The Count Down until February 17th begins immediately. Next on my list is looking up the flags of all the countries we might be sent to and then I am dreading looking through all the paperwork they handed me two weeks ago, it seems like the kind of thing that will magically go away if I just ignore it enough, right?

In other news, even though my birthday is tomorrow, we went out to celebrate last night with some friends @ Cuba Libre {take that "To Do" List ~ knocked one off already!} The restaurant is decorated to resemble Old Havana and the chef's culinary inspiration is to imagine how Cuban Food would have developed if the Revolution had never happened ~ needless to say, it was pretty amazing. I even ordered a Mojito instead of my go-to "grown up girl" drink: the Shirley Temple. That's because it was a Grilled Pineapple Mojito made with guarapo {sugar cane juice} and who can say no to that?


Photo Credit: Dane Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment