Monday, February 20, 2012

The Balls are going to Chisinau, Moldova!



So, we found out on Friday where our first post will be: Chisinau, Moldova.


The plan is to move there in September and we will be there for two years.

This picture was taken before we found out.
This was during the process...the tension was killing me!
My sister and I celebrating afterwards @ Sweetgreen, drinking Cider Lemonade and "The Best Lemonade Ever" {when asked, the salad guy just laughed and said had no idea what was in it}


I will admit I barely even knew where Moldova was at the time, but after a little bit of research, we found out a few interesting facts:


  1. Moldova is about the size of Maryland.
  2. They have 3 MacDonald's in the entire country {and are proud of them}
  3. They speak Romanian there, the Romance Language that is closest to Latin, so hopefully won't be too difficult to learn.
  4. They are known for their excellent wines.
  5. Their most famous song is "Numa Numa" by O-Zone, you just might recognize it (click here for the lyrics in Romanian & English)
Stay tuned for more...

1 comment:

  1. Hello, hello, it's me again, Picasso,
    I gave you a call and I'm neat...
    but you don't take me with you
    i'm gonna come visit you in chisinau and you better call me picasso...or else i'll make a mess at one of the 3 McDonalds

    ReplyDelete