Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A hobby, reconsidered

On my "list of things to get better at" is photography.
It is something I have always enjoyed, but I hope to improve upon this skill while posted overseas.

For the next few blog entries I will be posting some photos I took from previous adventures abroad ~ I hope you enjoy them.

When I was in college I spent a semester studying in Cuba. The landscape is stunning and the people are vibrant. My dream is to go back there someday, under different circumstances. In the meantime, my heart goes out to the 40+ dissidents who were arrested this week after the Pope's visit to the island.


Rusted chains, like so many other weathered things in Cuba


Wear & tear from the salty ocean water

Trees in a Cuban cemetery

Cuban Cowboy

At the rodeo

Still at the rodeo


A future baseball star








2 comments:

  1. Great photos! I also want to get better at photography once we move. I'm debating which camera to get right now. I'd love to take a class before we move, too, so I actually know what I'm doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mara,
    A friend of mine recommended this online class, I might sign up for it either before or after going to post:
    www.creativelive.com

    ReplyDelete